Thematic series on Green Choices of Textiles and Clothing Sector
Textiles and Clothing Sustainability welcomes submissions to the thematic series on Green Choices of Textiles and Clothing Sector.
Textiles and Clothing Sustainability, an open acess journal and journal dedicated solely to sustainability in the textiles and clothing sector is planning to publish a special issue on "Green Choices of Textiles and Clothing Sector". There are a lot of attempts in every point of the lengthy supply chain of textiles to make this sector green and sustainable. TCS would like to appreciate those efforts in terms of a dedicated thematic series and hence this series is planned to be published. Original, unpublished submissions are welcome to be published. Articles related to sustainability in the textiles and clothing sector and any topic related to this selected theme will be considered for publication.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Reuse, Recycling and Reduction in textiles and clothing
- Sustainability initiatives to make the supply chain green
- Environmental assessments (Life cycle assessment, carbon footprint etc.) of textiles and clothing supply chain
- Eco-friendly raw materials, fibers, natural dyes, susatinable manufacturing methods and technologies for apparel production
- Green/sustainable fashion - concepts, methods and applications
Submissions to this thematic series will be eligible for a 50% discount on the article processing charge (APC). Authors may also be granted a full waiver by the Editor-in-Chief to publish their articles without charge.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Instructions for Authors for Textiles and Clothing Sustainability. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Textiles and Clothing Sustainability submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on Green Choices of Textiles and Clothing Sector. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 15 June, 2015 - 30 August, 2015
Lead guest editor:
Dr. Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu, Global Sustainability Consultant, SGS (HK) Limited, Hong Kong
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in Textiles and Clothing Sustainability - including articles published in this thematic series!